Now that I’m back from an incredible weekend at Coachella, I can ease into the daily grind with an instructional on these super simple vases I made out of old Kombucha bottles.
What you’ll need:
- Kombucha bottle/s or any uniquely shaped bottle you have laying around
- Painter’s tape
- Acetone and cotton balls
- Spray paint in a color of your choice
- Old newspapers or magazines
- Remove the label from the bottle as much as you can by peeling it first. You’ll want to remove the rest of whatever doesn’t come off by applying the painters tape and peeling it back. Repeat over and over again until most of the label is removed. Apply acetone to a cotton ball and rub it against the remainder of the adhesive until the bottle is smooth.
A lady at the party I made these for mentioned that another way to remove the labels is by soaking them overnight in a tub of water. I haven’t tried it yet, so let me know how that goes if you do so.
- Clean, rinse and dry the bottles thoroughly.
- Using a straight edge from scrap newspaper or magazine, tape off a straight edge with painters tape around the circumference of the bottle about 1/3-1/2 of the way up from the bottom.
- Spray paint the bottom portion in light, fluid strokes one layer at a time with at least 10 minutes of dry-time in between each coat.
- Repeat 3 to 4 more times until you have an even finish.
- Allow to dry and remove the tape and newspaper.
………Voila! Simple enough, right? Now for the fun part – picking out your flowers!